Please note this role will initially be based in Leigh, but quickly moving to our new facility in Heywood in late Summer 2021.
Part of Envair Technology, TCS is a specialist provider of fume cupboards, laboratory containment devices and fume extraction systems. We are certified to BS EN ISO 9001: 2015 standards and are recognised as a leader in our field, with many prestigious blue chip clients.
We are currently looking for a Design Engineer to join us in Leigh to lead the design and delivery of standard and bespoke products.
- Salary – competitive depending on experience
- Annual bonus based on group performance
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- The chance to travel and see your finished projects out in the field
If you have proven engineering design experience, a track record with fume cupboards and extraction systems and excellent problem-solving skills, this is an exciting opportunity to join the engineering team of a long-established business delivering projects and developing market leading solutions that benefit our extensive client base.
We are proud of our dedicated employees, many of whom have been with us for many years, as well as our management team, who are considered to be some of the best in the industry.
As part of this skilled team, you will have the opportunity to drive the success of an integral business function, which in turn, will make a positive impact on our organisation as a whole.
As the Design Engineer, you will design standard and bespoke equipment. You’ll need to work closely with our engineering team to develop the mechanical design and detailed drawings of machinery for highly regulated industries.
Specifically, you will:
- Deliver standard and bespoke designs
- Support the Senior Design Engineer during Design Life Cycle from product concept through to delivery with the customer
- Liaise with interfacing functions and stakeholder to provide support and information as required
- Work closely with the Sales Team to offer concept design solutions during quotation and tender process
- Work closely with others in the Engineering Team to help develop new products for new and emerging markets
- Produce Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Drive design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly best practices
- Create General Arrangement drawings, detailed manufacturing drawings, and bills of materials from a blank sheet of paper
- Ensure product designs comply with applicable regulatory requirements
To join us, you will need:
- Proven experience as a mechanical design engineer, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working specifically within the industrial and educational products sectors
- Demonstrable experience in working with fume cupboards, laboratory containment devices and fume extraction systems
- Proven experience in working on projects from concept through to final detail design and support to downstream processes
- Proven experience using Solidworks 3D and/or AutoCad 2D design software – training will be provided as required
- Proven ability to produce GAs, detailed drawings, BoMs and P&IDs
- Ability to build long standing customer relationships
- Strong problem solver with a good attention to detail
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate your own activities effectively
- Self motivated with a strong results driven approach
- Maintain knowledge of all relevant processes and procedures to ensure appropriate compliance with any regulatory requirements
- Ability to come up with creative approaches for generating new ideas and improving existing processes, products or designs
Ideally you’ll be qualified to degree level or a minimum HNC level with relevant industry experience. Proven experience of sheet metal fabrications is also highly desirable and experience of Sage Manufacturing is preferable.
TCS Ltd are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Apply for this job
If you can see yourself in this position, send us your CV using the form below. If we think you have the talents we're looking for, we'll be in touch within 10 working days.