We are currently looking for a permanent Trainee Test Engineer to join us in Heywood working within a small team required to test finished products to legal, customer and company specifications and standards.
Our new, clean, bright 63,000 sq.ft site in Heywood, Lancashire is the largest containment factory in the North West, just minutes from the M66 and M62. We have invested £1m in our facility, with state of the art machinery and great staff facilities including showers, canteen and plenty of on-site parking.
Part of Envair Technology, Envair has been manufacturing world class clean air and containment equipment for the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries since 1972. Our mission is to engineer controlled environments that keep people and products safe from airborne hazards.
Our products, including isolators, laminar airflow cabinets and microbiological safety cabinets, are used to prepare chemotherapy treatments for cancer patients, discover new therapies for Alzheimers or test samples in hospitals. It means you’ll always finish the day feeling you’ve contributed to something really valuable, supporting our NHS and private hospitals throughout Europe.
We’ve enjoyed strong growth in demand for our products for the last few years, and as industry leaders, are always looking to bring new innovations to the market. It’s why we look for people who share our values of taking pride in your work, being ambitious and inventive, nurturing the people around you and collaborating as a team.
- Salary – up to £25,000
- Annual bonus based on company performance.
- Annual holidays 24 days plus bank holidays
- Retail discounts & cycle to work scheme
As part of this skilled team, you will have the opportunity to drive the success of an integral business function, which in turn, will make a positive impact on our organisation as a whole.
As the Trainee Test Engineer reporting to the Senior Test Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out all required testing of finished products to legal, customer and company specifications and standards.
At the end of your training, you will be able to:
- Provide full testing and validation of finished products for hospital, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and industrial applications on the following equipment:
- Microbiological Safety Cabinets
- Horizontal Laminar Flow (HLF) Cabinets
- Vertical Laminar Flow (VLF) Cabinets
- Positive and Negative Pressure Isolators
- Glove Boxes
- Powder Control Booths
- Fume Cupboards
- Downdraft tables
- Bespoke clean air and containment devices
- Ensure manufactured equipment works to its specification and is compliant to the applicable guidelines, national and international standards, as well-defined customer specifications.
- Work to defined test protocols.
- Document test results and create reports using existing templates.
- Investigate problems and diagnose faults.
- Participate in multi-team design reviews to make suggestions and offer advice about, products and manufacturing processes in order to improve products or to resolve problems/issues.
- Schedule and coordinate work to tight deadlines.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal engineering and operations teams and with external customers, where required.
- Support the development and implementation of best practice across the business.
To join us, you will need:
- Ideally be a proven engineer, qualified to BTECH / ONC level in an engineering discipline, preferably hands on
- Have experience working under an ISO 9001 Quality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, with excellent ability to self-manage to ensure you meet key targets and goals
- Good IT and analytical skills
Envair are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Apply for this job
If you can see yourself in this position, send us your CV using the form below. If we think you have the talents we're looking for, we'll be in touch within 10 working days.