This role will initially be based at our Haslingden site until our new facility opens at Heywood in summer 2021.
Envair Technology was formed in 2018 after the acquisition of Envair and then TCS by ONFAB. All three brands have long standing reputations for excellence in their respective fields, and the combined strength of the group further enhances our ability to meet client needs. With double digit sales growth in the last year, clients including AstraZeneca, Pfizer, the NHS and Oxford University continue to put their trust in us.
Our 120+ strong workforce is largely drawn from the North West of England, where skills and expertise in pharmaceuticals and manufacturing are in strong supply. This allows us to focus on quality and innovation; we are certified to ISO 9001 standards and have won several awards including being one of the Design Council's Millennium Products.
Across the company, we look for people who share our values of pride, ambition, nurturing, collaboration and inventiveness.
We are currently looking for a Contracts Manager to join us in Haslingden to support the delivery of standard and bespoke products. If you have proven contracts engineering and management experience, a track record in clean air and containment solutions and excellent problem-solving skills, this is an exciting opportunity to shape and influence the delivery of high value capital projects for our blue chip clients.
As part of this skilled team, you will have the opportunity to drive the success of an integral business function, which in turn, will make a positive impact on our organisation as a whole.
- Salary: competitive depending on experience
- Annual bonus based on group performance
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Company pension
- The chance to travel and see your finished projects out in the field
As the Contracts Manager, you will support the management of contracts relating to Envair Technology rigid engineering projects. The responsible person will ensure contractual terms and conditions are agreed and acceptable, and that tender offerings and contract delivery are compliant with client and legislative requirements. The Contracts Manager with manage change and risk effectively to ensure contracts are delivered to cost, quality and time.
Specifically, you will:
- Work closely with the client facing stakeholders and suppliers to respond to NDAs and contract requests, preparing all necessary documentation and providing timely communication on progress
- Discuss, draft, review and negotiate compliant, professional commercial contracts within agreed timeframes including the review/editing of input from all key stakeholders within the commercial and engineering teams
- Support effective requirements management and verification and validation processes to maintain competitiveness
- Support the efficient and effective management and issue of accurate, timely and compliant notices and correspondence
- Prepare or assess applications, valuations, costs and value reconciliation
- Be responsible for contract cost control and forecasting
- Develop and maintain contract performance metrics to support the delivery of the business objectives
- Assisting with risk and value management to optimise solution
- Monitor and regularly review contracts with the project teams
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Support contract management, including all relevant contractual forms and methods of budgetary control
- Prepare supply chain enquiries, negotiate, administer and finalise / close out supply chain contracts
- Ensure all notifications/documents are managed in accordance with the contract, and customer / company policy as appropriate
- Manage contract variations, identifying and communicating risk, costs and working with stakeholders to propose appropriate solutions and responses
- Liaison with all contract stakeholders
- Provide contractual advice to all contract stakeholders as and when appropriate, maintaining awareness of the different contracting frameworks specified by clients
- Oversee invoicing at the end of a project
To join us, you will need:
- Minimum 5 years’ recent experience in a similar industry/sector
- Ideally with an engineering degree or equivalent
- Proven ability to plan and produce contract documents within a fast paced organisation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to present and influence and negotiate credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including an ability to converse in a technical capacity
- Proficient in working with MS Office applications including Microsoft Excel
- Assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be diplomatic or firm when necessary in order to drive business forward or obtain results
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease
- Ability to prioritise and organize workload across multiple groups
Envair Technology are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Apply for this job
If you can see yourself in this position, send us your CV using the form below. If we think you have the talents we're looking for, we'll be in touch within 10 working days.