We're looking for a Senior Design Engineer to lead the design and delivery of standard and bespoke containment and clean air equipment. If you've got a track record in aseptic processes, plus excellent problem solving skills, we want to hear from you.
Our new purpose designed factory at Heywood, Lancashire.
Part of Envair Technology, Envair is a specialist provider of clean air and containment facilities for healthcare, research laboratories, biotechnology and the pharmaceutical industry.
With over 48 years of global success, we are certified to BS EN ISO 9001: 2015 standards and are recognised as a leader in the cleanroom, specialist laboratory and containment engineering market.
Our extensive range of products includes negative pressure containment isolators, sterility isolators, vertical and horizontal airflow cabinets, microbiological safety cabinets, fume cupboards, glove boxes, containment booths and air showers.
We are currently looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join us in Haslingden to lead the design and delivery of our bespoke containment and clean air equipment.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The chance to travel and see your finished projects out in the field
If you have proven engineering design experience, a track record with aseptic processes and containment devices and excellent problem-solving skills, this is an exciting opportunity to join the engineering team of a long-established business delivering bespoke projects and developing market leading clean air solutions that benefit our extensive client base.
This is an excellent opportunity to shape and influence the design of high value capital projects for our blue chip clients.
We are proud of our dedicated employees, many of whom have been with us for years, as well as our management team, who are considered to be some of the best in the industry.
As part of this skilled team, you will have the opportunity to drive the success of an integral business function, which in turn, will make a positive impact on our organisation as a whole.
As the Senior Design Engineer, you will lead the design and delivery of standard and bespoke containment and clean air equipment. You’ll need to work closely with our engineering team to lead and develop the mechanical design and detailed drawings of machinery for the highly regulated medical and pharmaceutical industries.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead the delivery of standard and bespoke designs for containment, aseptic, and sterile applications
- Take ownership of the project life cycle from product concept through to delivery with the customer
- Work closely with the sales team to offer concept design solutions during quotation and tender process
- Work closely with others in the engineering team to help develop new products for new and emerging markets
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering to develop and improve existing designs
- Produce piping and instrumentation diagrams
- Drive design for manufacture and design for assembly best practices
- Create general arrangement drawings, detailed manufacturing drawings, and bills of materials from a blank sheet of paper
- Ensure product designs comply with regulatory requirements such as EU GMP and ISO 14644
To join us, you will need:
- Proven experience as a mechanical design engineer, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working specifically within the medical and pharmaceutical industries
- Demonstrable experience in working with aseptic processes and containment devices
- Proven experience in working on projects from concept through to final detail design
- Proven experience using both Solidworks 3D and AutoCad 2D design software
- Proven ability to produce process and pneumatic diagrams
- Ability to build long standing customer relationships
- Strong problem solver with a good attention to detail
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively
- Self motivated with a strong results driven approach
- Ability to come up with creative approaches for generating new ideas and improving existing processes, products or designs
Ideally you’ll be qualified to degree level or a minimum HNC level with relevant industry experience. Proven experience of sheet metal fabrications is also highly desirable.
Envair are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Senior Design Engineer, please apply via the form below. If we think you have the talents we are looking for, we will be in touch within 10 working days.
Apply for this job
If you can see yourself in this position, send us your CV using the form below. If we think you have the talents we're looking for, we'll be in touch within 10 working days.