We are currently looking for a highly skilled and experienced Electrical Team Leader to join us in Heywood, leading a small team of skilled and semi-skilled electricians, building electrical appliances from wiring diagrams.
As part of this skilled team, you will have the opportunity to drive the success of an integral business function, which in turn, will make a positive impact on our organisation as a whole.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Annual holidays 24 days plus bank holidays
- Shopping & Leisure discounts
Our clean, bright 63,000 sq.ft site in Heywood, Lancashire is the largest containment factory in the North West, just minutes from the M66 and M62. We have invested £1m in our facility, with state of the art machinery and great staff facilities including showers, canteen and plenty of on-site parking.
Part of Envair Technology, Envair has been manufacturing world class clean air and containment equipment for the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries since 1972. Our mission is to engineer controlled environments that keep people and products safe from airborne hazards.
Our products, including isolators, laminar airflow cabinets and microbiological safety cabinets, are used to prepare chemotherapy treatments for cancer patients, discover new therapies for Alzheimers or test samples in hospitals. It means you’ll always finish the day feeling you’ve contributed to something really valuable, supporting our NHS and private hospitals throughout Europe.
We’ve enjoyed strong growth in demand for our products for the last few years, and as industry leaders, are always looking to bring new innovations to the market. It’s why we look for people who share our values of taking pride in your work, being ambitious and inventive, nurturing the people around you and collaborating as a team.
As the Electrical Team Leader, you will lead a team of skilled and semi-skilled electricians building electrical appliances from wiring diagrams, maintaining the applicable standard operating procedures and be responsible for the upkeep of all electrical test records. We test 100% of our products. Specifically, you will:
- Lead and actively participate in the wiring of control panels, working within a small team of skilled and semi-skilled electricians, building electrical appliances from wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpreting electrical drawings and schematics.
- Be responsible for maintaining the applicable standard operating procedures and conducting thorough testing of electrical systems, to ensure they meet specific standards including BS 7671 and BS EN 61010.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by staying up to date with the latest industry standards, including BS EN 60204 and BS EN 60079, and ensuring all electrical work complies with these regulations.
- Lead and supervise a small team of electricians, providing technical expertise and feedback as required, and delegating work appropriately.
- Promote a safe working environment by prioritising and enforcing safety protocols to minimise workplace hazards, identifying and mitigating risks associated with electrical installations.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to successfully integrate electrical systems into larger projects.
To join us, you will need:
- Proven Leadership experience in a supervisory role
- Hold relevant qualifications including the 18th edition (City and Guilds 2382-1) City & Guilds 2360, and 2391
- Knowledge of the following regulations: BS EN 60204, BS EN 61010, BS EN 60079
- Have significant experience and working knowledge of electrical systems, be able to fault-find and carry out system diagnostics and risk assessments
- Be self-motivated, with a results driven approach
- Have good problem-solving skills, always seeking to improve performance.
Envair are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Apply for this job
If you can see yourself in this position, send us your CV using the form below. If we think you have the talents we're looking for, we'll be in touch within 10 working days.