Our new, clean, bright 63,000 sq.ft site in Heywood, Lancashire is the largest containment factory in the North West, just minutes from the M66 and M62. We have invested £1m in our facility, with state of the art machinery and great staff facilities including showers, canteen and plenty of on-site parking.
Part of Envair Technology, Envair has been manufacturing world class clean air and containment equipment for the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries since 1972. Our mission is to engineer controlled environments that keep people and products safe from airborne hazards.
Our products, including isolators, laminar airflow cabinets and microbiological safety cabinets, are used to prepare chemotherapy treatments for cancer patients, discover new therapies for Alzheimers or test samples in hospitals. It means you’ll always finish the day feeling you’ve contributed to something really valuable, supporting our NHS and private hospitals throughout Europe.
We’ve enjoyed strong growth in demand for our products for the last few years, and as industry leaders, are always looking to bring new innovations to the market. It’s why we look for people who share our values of taking pride in your work, being ambitious and inventive, nurturing the people around you and collaborating as a team.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Estimator to support us in the production and generation of new business, producing winning proposals and developing excellent customer relationships.
- Salary – competitive depending on experience
- Annual bonus based on group performance
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The chance to travel and see your finished projects out in the field
If you have proven experience in winning business, a track record with fume cupboards and extraction systems and excellent problem-solving skills, this is an exciting opportunity to join a long-established business delivering projects and developing market leading solutions that benefit our extensive client base.
We are proud of our dedicated employees, many of whom have been with us for many years, as well as our management team, who are considered to be some of the best in the industry.
As part of this skilled team, you will have the opportunity to drive the success of an integral business function, which in turn, will make a positive impact on our organisation as a whole.
As the Assistant Estimator, you will provide the link between commercial and engineering activities to ensure project success, delivering customer satisfaction and maximising profit for the company.
Specifically you will:
- Prepare cost budgets and cost estimates
- Prepare Sales GA drawings to complement the cost budgets and cost estimates
- Support the Sales team in preparing quotations and formal tender responses and documents
- Support the sales and engineering team in preparing and gaining approval for validation documentation
- Support the sales and engineering team in executing customer attended Factory Acceptance Testing
- Ensure consistency across all project estimating and pricing, including making amendments, providing new cost estimates, and maintaining communication with the sales team
- Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company
- Prepare detailed, well-written proposals for each opportunity, adhering to client guidelines while offering competitive and comprehensive cost estimates, and including supplementary documentation
- Work with the Sales & Engineering Team to help with development, innovation, and creativity on client projects
- Keep detailed records of all estimation documentation, including site assessments and contract terms
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline
- Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes
To join us you will need:
- A Technical Sales / Technical Estimating background ideally within the fume cupboard and extract system sector
- Ability to use AutoCAD and/or Solidworks to prepare sales GA drawings – training will be provided as required
- To be educated to degree standard or equivalent in a science or engineering discipline relevant to the product applications
- A proven ability to absorb new process technologies quickly and easily
- A proven ability to confidently converse with engineering and scientific disciplines at all levels
- A confident, motivated self-starter who will thrive on a high degree of autonomy
- A full UK driving licence and ability to travel
Envair Technology are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as an Assistant Estimator, please apply using the form below.
Apply for this job
If you can see yourself in this position, send us your CV using the form below. If we think you have the talents we're looking for, we'll be in touch within 10 working days.